DDR operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the U.S. The company engages in acquiring, developing, redeveloping, owning, leasing and managing shopping centers, mini-malls and lifestyle centers. DDR trades an average of 2.6 million shares per day with a market cap of $5.7 billion.
52-Week High: $18.16Beta: 1.51 Price-to-Book Ratio: 1.92 The main attraction for most investors buying a REIT is the dividend. DDR doesn't disappoint investors looking for yield. DDR currently pays about 3%, but you need more than 3% to make this one worthwhile. The reason why that 3% isn't as favorable as it appears at first glance is the way in which the shares have risen. On the daily chart, they increased to the point of being overbought from a technical analysis point of view. I fear we will see these shares make a retracement before they continue higher.
Waiting for retracements also means accepting the risk of missing out on the next leg higher. Don't forget that favorable stock buys are like New York City taxis. If you miss one, another will be around soon. If you want exposure to DDR, keep the powder dry until you get a chance to pick up shares for about $17.50. In doing so, you will reduce your risk and increase your dividend yield. If DDR continues moving higher without looking back, you can find comfort knowing that you weren't willing to take on more risk than it was worth. Besides, by the time DDR plays out, one way or another, a different opportunity will present itself.
CSX (CSX) CSX, together with its subsidiaries, provides rail-based transportation services. It offers traditional rail service and the transport of intermodal containers and trailers. CSX trades an average of 7.8 million shares per day with a market cap of $25 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV