TORONTO, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
AuRico Gold Inc. (TSX: AUQ) (NYSE: AUQ), ("AuRico" or the "Company") today announced that Mr. Colin Benner, the Company's Executive Chairman, is taking a leave of absence for health reasons. Mr. Ron Smith, the Company's Lead Director, will serve as Non-Executive Chairman in the interim. Mr. Smith has been a non-executive director of the Company since 2009 and is chair of the Audit Committee.
About AuRico Gold AuRico Gold is a leading Canadian gold producer with mines and projects in North America that have solid production growth and exploration potential. The Company is focused on its core operations including the Young- Davidson gold mine in northern Ontario and the El Chanate mine in Sonora State, Mexico. AuRico's project pipeline also includes advanced development opportunities in Canada and Mexico. AuRico's head office is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.For further information: For further information please visit the AuRico Gold website at http://www.auricogold.com or contact: Scott Perry President and Chief Executive Officer AuRico Gold Inc. +1-647-260-8880 Anne Day Vice President, Investor Relations and Communications AuRico Gold Inc. +1-647-260-8880 SOURCE AuRico Gold Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV