HOPKINTON, Mass., April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC VMAX, already the world's most trusted storage, is now the first tier 1 storage platform offering simultaneous Continuous Data Protection (CDP) when using remote copies by integrating EMC SRDF and EMC RecoverPoint technologies.
- EMC RecoverPoint 4.0 makes enterprise-class data protection more accessible to midrange customers with a new software-only option for EMC VNX unified storage.
- EMC VPLEX delivers continuous availability to the midrange with a new VPLEX frame-based licensing model for EMC VNX unified storage arrays.
- Visit EMC Pulse technology and product news blog for more detail.
Connect With Us:
- Online: Follow the latest EMC World 2013 happenings starting on Monday, May 6, 2013 at EMC World vPass
- Social: For continuous updates and to join the conversation on these products please follow VMAX, VPLEX, and RecoverPoint on Twitter and ask questions during the Ask the Experts – VMAX and Ask the Experts – VPLEX and RecoverPoint discussions.
- Live streaming: To hear more about these innovations, bookmark your calendars for Monday, May 6 at 2:30 p.m. PT and visit our ECN page to view a live stream of Brian Gallagher, President, Enterprise Storage Division keynote from EMC World 2013.
Full Story:EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced that the world's most trusted storage is delivering more data protection with updates to EMC ® VMAX ® enterprise storage, a new frame-based licensing model for EMC VPLEX ® virtual storage making VPLEX more accessible to midrange customers, and a new version of EMC RecoverPoint ® that delivers powerful new integration with EMC SRDF. Today's news is the first wave in a set of new technologies from EMC as the company readies for EMC World 2013 next week in Las Vegas, Nevada. Visit the EMC ECN page on Monday, May 6 at 2:30 pm PT for a live stream of Brian Gallagher, EMC President of the Enterprise Storage Division, keynote from EMC World 2013 where he will discuss today's announcement, and provide insight into other enterprise storage innovations. World's Most Trusted Storage Delivers More Data Protection Today, the world's most mission-critical data centers trust EMC with their most important data, with 94% of Fortune 50 companies, and 90% of the 20 largest banks relying on VMAX for >99.999% uptime. With new SRDF and RecoverPoint 4.0 integration, VMAX is the only tier 1 storage array offering simultaneous Continuous Data Protection (CDP) and remote copies on the same LUN. Customers can now recover every write, and at any point-in-time between copies. This means that customers can recover from operational errors as well as physical failures on the same data. Prior to this integration, customers could use SRDF and RecoverPoint on the same VMAX system, but not on the same volume. With this integration EMC marries the two business continuance technologies to simplify data protection for the world's most mission-critical data centers.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts