The Internet radio giant reported revenue of $897 million, up from $805 million in the same period last year, but below Wall Street's estimate of $906 million.
Sirius earned 2 cents a share, flat compared to the prior year's quarter. Analysts surveyed by Yahoo! Finance were looking for earnings of 3 cents a share.
However, Sirius added 453,000 subscribers in the quarter to reach a record 24.4 million and reiterated its 2013 revenue guidance of over $3.7 billion. The company also announced the appointment of James Meyer as the company's CEO. Meyer had served as interim CEO since December.The New York-based company was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 10,382,722. Nuance Communications (NUAN) shares plunged 12.88% to $20.30 on weaker-than-expected fiscal second-quarter results. The Apple (AAPL) partner reported sales of $451 million, up from $390.3 million in the year-ago quarter. Excluding items, Nuance reported revenue of $484 million. Analysts surveyed by Yahoo! Finance were looking for revenue of $516.53 million. Excluding items, the Burlington, Mass.-based firm earned 34 cents a share, down from 43 cents a share in the prior year's quarter, below analysts' prediction of 40 cents. Nuance was another active pre-market Nasdaq stock on share volume of 913,379. Shares of semiconductor specialist Anadigics (ANAD), which reported its first-quarter results before market open, surged 8.63% to $2.14. Vodafone (VOD) dipped 0.78% to $30.35, while BlackBerry (BBRY) gained 1.92% to reach $15.91. Shares of Google (GOOG), which launched its Google Now personal assistant for the iPhone and iPad on Monday, crept up 0.07% to $819.6. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV