In second-quarter earnings, Cupertino, Calif.-based Apple reported second-quarter results that met analyst expectations, earning $10.09 per share on $43.6 billion in revenue.
The company sold 37.4 million iPhones in the quarter compared to 35.1 million in the year-ago quarter, while iPad sales rose 65% year-over-year to 19.5 million units per year.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters forecast the tech giant to earn $10.01 per share on $42.31 billion in revenue. Analysts surveyed by Estimize were looking for earnings of $10.70 per share on $42.76 billion in sales.
-- Written by Antoine Gara in New YorkFollow @AntoineGara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV