JACKSONVILLE, Fla., April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) today announced that it has extended its fiber network into metro Jacksonville, Fla., connecting to two independent, third-party data centers and enabling many business customer locations in the Jacksonville metro area with data and cloud-based services.
CenturyLink's global network helps address the growing demand from businesses for increased bandwidth and greater network security. Customers located in the Jacksonville data centers can now connect to primary or backup Internet service or long-haul data products using CenturyLink's fiber optic network. They also gain access to CenturyLink's data solutions portfolio which includes:
- CenturyLink IQ™ Internet Port - Scalable Internet connectivity at access speeds customized to meet any business need.
- CenturyLink IQ™ Networking Private Port - Flexible and reliable private IP-based VPN service that combines voice and data applications onto a single network.
- Optical Wavelength Service - Fully managed, private, point-to-point service using dense wave division multiplexing (DWDM) technology.
"CenturyLink's data networking products, combined with reliable connectivity to our nationwide and international network and secure access into data centers, will help businesses in Jacksonville develop and launch cloud-based offerings needed in today's fast-paced business environment," said Richard Twilley, CenturyLink vice president of sales. "By helping businesses tap into the power of managed hosting and cloud computing, CenturyLink frees them to focus on what matters most."More information about CenturyLink products and solutions for businesses can be found at www.centurylink.com/business. About CenturyLink CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. The company also offers advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink® Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com. SOURCE CenturyLink, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV