MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL) today announced that Vanguard Health Systems, a Fortune 500 operator of 28 acute care and specialty hospitals in five major metropolitan areas, has selected Omnicell as the exclusive provider of medication management solutions throughout its comprehensive healthcare delivery systems. Vanguard Health Systems is a leading operator of regionally-focused integrated healthcare delivery networks with significant presence in several large markets. Omnicell G4 Unity platform solutions were chosen to help Vanguard standardize systemwide medication management processes, better manage inventory control and improve clinical outcomes.
With hospitals and facilities across Arizona, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan and Texas, Vanguard Health Systems' integrated delivery networks are committed to transforming healthcare delivery through innovation and best practices that lead to exceptional quality of care as a patient moves through the entire health system, from acute care facilities to ambulatory centers. Prior to its planned enterprise-wide adoption of Omnicell technology, Vanguard used disparate systems to manage medication inventory.Vanguard has begun to consolidate its medication management and administration to the Omnicell G4 Unity platform, which operates on a single, shared medication database to track medications as they move from the pharmacy to medication and supply cabinets in the nursing units, the OR and the patient bedside. One Vanguard hospital currently uses Omnicell automation and the rest of the Vanguard hospitals, beginning with Baptist Health System in San Antonio, will be transitioning to Omnicell over time. "As a healthcare provider that is also a for-profit company, Vanguard is acutely aware of the need to marry investments in leading-edge products that best serve our patients with our obligation to apply business discipline to prove the value of such investments," said Tom Chickerella, vice president and program management officer of Vanguard. "Each of our regional delivery networks is under reimbursement and market pressure to do more with less. The efficiencies that Omnicell delivers, coupled with their unique model for delivering ongoing innovation, address our needs." A wide range of Omnicell solutions will be implemented throughout the Vanguard Health System regional networks. Products to be installed in the near future include:
- OmniRx ® G4 Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs), which feature integrated Medication Label Printers that help nurses reduce the likelihood of errors by printing patient-specific labels for medications that won't be immediately administered to patients. Used throughout the nursing floors, the ADCs also include the Touch & Go ™ G4 biometric ID system, designed to give nurses quick and secure access to medications and supplies with the touch of a finger.
- Controlled Substance Management System (CSM), which shares a database with other G4 Unity solutions, enabling true closed-loop accountability of controlled substances and providing consistent patient, user and formulary information across nursing and pharmacy automation systems.
- Anesthesia Workstation™ , an automated dispensing cabinet for the operating room that provides secure, convenient access to drugs required during surgery and easy documentation of controlled substance use.
- Pandora® Analytics, which provides insight into clinical operations, helping to identify potential diversion, ensure compliance and monitor nursing medication administration processes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts