Recognized by Fast Company as one of the "Ten Most Innovative Companies in Big Data," RetailNext will use the additional investments to:
- Expand engineering resources to maintain product superiority as the market's most robust, versatile and feature-rich in-store analytics platform
- Deliver advanced new technology components in response to customer demand, including new detection and predictive analytics capabilities
- Grow global operations in Europe, Asia/Pacific and Latin America
- Promote the category throughout the retail industry.
"RetailNext's unique combination of video, Wi-Fi and mobile data collection enables a real breakthrough in how both offline and online sources will improve ROI for retailers," said Mr. Gardner. "By combining the NGP local everywhere approach and Nokia's location expertise, we will help RetailNext drive its international expansion."
"At this stage for RetailNext, we chose investors who can truly partner with us to expand into new markets and continue delivering unmatched in-store analytics innovations. Each of our capital partners values the business impact and growth potential that our world-class team and platform bring," added Mr. Agratchev.
About Nokia Growth PartnersNokia Growth Partners invests in companies that are changing the face of mobility, communications and the internet. NGP offers industry expertise, capital and an extensive network, enabling entrepreneurs to build disruptive, industry-changing companies and take them to the global market. With offices in the US, Europe, India and China, NGP extends the reach of companies making their products and services local everywhere. Visit www.nokiagrowthpartners.com for more information.About StarVestStarVest Partners is a New York-based venture capital firm with $400 million under management, which funds technology-enabled business services companies throughout the U.S. The firm's value-added partnership maintains a focus on emerging technology and services sectors including: Cloud-based companies, eCommerce services, Ad Tech and Data Analytics. StarVest was an early investor in the software-as-a service trend: in 2000, it invested as the only venture firm in NetSuite (NYSE: N). Other noteworthy exits include MessageOne, acquired by Dell computer; Connected, acquired by Iron Mountain; iCrossing acquired by Hearst; Insurance.com acquired by QuinStreet; and Fieldglass acquired by Madison Dearborn. Recent investments include: Host Analytics, Switchfly, The Receivables Exchange, Veracode and Xignite. More information is available at www.starvestpartners.com. About RetailNext RetailNext is the leader in Applied Big Data for brick-and-mortar retail, delivering real-time analytics that enable retailers and manufacturers to monitor, collect, analyze, and visualize in-store data. The patent-pending solution uses best-in-class video analytics, Wi-Fi detection, on-shelf sensors, and data from point-of-sale systems and other sources to automatically inform retailers about how people engage with their stores. The highly scalable RetailNext platform easily integrates with promotional calendars, staffing systems, and even weather services to analyze how internal and external factors impact customer shopping patterns – providing store operations executives with the ability to identify opportunities for growth, execute changes, and measure success. RetailNext tracks more than 400 million shoppers per year by collecting data from more than 30,000 sensors in retail stores and analyzing trillions of data points annually.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV