Ryland Group ($45.03 vs. $38.15 on April 18): Has been downgraded to sell from hold after setting a new multi-year high at $46.25 on Monday so it's time to book profits on this buy-and-trade strategy. The weekly chart stays positive on a close this week above the five-week MMA at $40.37. My quarterly value level is $36.89 with a weekly risky level at $46.83.
Standard & Pacific (SPF) ($9.23 vs. $8.01 on April 18): Has been downgraded to sell from hold after setting a new multi-year high at $9.38 on Monday. The weekly chart stays positive with a close this week above the five-week MMA at $8.52. My quarterly value level is $7.61 with a weekly pivot at $9.11 and monthly risky level at $9.47.
Toll Brothers (TOL) ($34.19 vs. $31.56 on April 18): Still has a hold rating with its multi-year high at $38.36 set on Jan. 29. The weekly chart shifts to positive with a close this week above the five-week MMA at $33.69. My annual value level is $31.95 with a quarterly pivot at $34.31 and monthly risky level at $38.20.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV