ALISO VIEJO, Calif., April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today announced the release of a new family of radiation-hardened isolated DC-to-DC converters for aerospace applications. The SB30-100 family is designed for the rigors of space, providing single event effect (SEE) rated protection against "total dose" ionized radiation that can change the operating state of a device and cause it to malfunction. With the addition of the new SB30-100 family to its product lineup, Microsemi now offers complete power train solutions for FGPAs, processors, microcontrollers and other digital control systems.
"Microsemi has a long and proven track record of providing highly reliable, radiation-hardened components for space applications, and is recognized for our ability to modify devices to meet unique customer parameters," said Rob Warren, vice president and general manager at Microsemi. "The SB30-100 builds on this heritage of success, and aligns with our strategy to deliver synergistic solutions to challenging applications where performance, reliability and power are essential."
The SB30-100 family is designed and constructed using proven surface mount technology thus enabling customization significantly faster than lead times typically needed to build hybrid solutions. The converters also virtually eliminate an entire stage of power conversion, while decreasing the weight, cost and size of the total power supply. Key features include the ability to directly convert power from a satellite solar panel to end voltages required by FPGAs, DSPs, CPUs, MCUs and other digital devices.The radiation-hardened DC-to-DC converters provide three independent isolated outputs typically at +5.0, +3.3 and +2.5 volts at 30 watts (W) total, which are each adjustable to +/- 10 percent. In addition, each output has its own pulse width modulation (PWM), enabling an output rail to be virtually immune to multiple simultaneous switching outputs (SSOs) on an adjacent rail. Additional features include:
- +100 Vdc satellite input interface
- 100kRad (Si) TID; SEE rated
- Surface mount construction (non-hybrid)
- 30W total power, high efficiencies (75 percent or higher)
- Patented magnetic feedback
- Isolated synchronization input
- Primary referenced on/off command
- Over-current protection
- Input under-voltage lockout
- MIL- STD-1547B design de-rating criteria
- 100 percent space-level environmental screening
- Standard mounting 2.05" x 3.05" x 0.60"
- Single, dual and triple output options
- 80 MeVcm2 /mg version available
- EMI compliance to MIL- STD-461
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts