THE WOODLANDS, Texas, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CB&I (NYSE: CBI) has been awarded a contract by Shandong Wonfull Petrochemical Group Co., Ltd. to provide the license and processing engineering design for a first-of-a-kind solid acid alkylation unit to be located in China. The unit will be capable of producing 100,000 tons per annum of alkylate and is scheduled for startup in early 2014.
The unit will use the AlkyClean ® process technology partnered by CB&I's Technology operating group, Albemarle Corporation and Neste Oil.
"CB&I is excited to be working on the first-ever commercialization of a solid-acid alkylation unit in the world," said Daniel McCarthy, President of CB&I's Technology operating group. "Alkylate has high octane and virtually no sulfur, olefins and aromatics. This makes it an ideal gasoline blend stock for every refiner to meet the upcoming stringent Tier 3 and Euro-V gasoline pool specifications in an environmentally safe manner."The solid acid catalyst for the AlkyClean process is supplied by Albemarle. About WonfullShandong Wonfull Petrochemical Group Co., Ltd. (Wonfull) is a large scale corporation with a total processing capacity of 12 million tons per annum, producing clean gasoline and diesel, liquefied petroleum gas and propylene as its primary products. In addition it has an established railway and road transportation infrastructure as well as its own logistics systems. About CB&I CB&I (NYSE:CBI) is the most complete energy infrastructure focused company in the world and a major provider of government services. Drawing upon more than a century of experience and the expertise of approximately 50,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. For more information, visit www.cbi.com. Important Information For Investors And Shareholders Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV