McKINNEY, Texas, April 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Independent Bank Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:IBTX), the holding company for Independent Bank, today announced net income of $5.7 million, or $0.68 per diluted share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 compared to $6.1 million, or $0.74 per diluted share, for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 and compared to $3.1 million, or $0.43 per diluted share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2012. The Company was an S corporation until April 1, 2013 and, as a result, had no federal income tax expense prior to that date. As a result, the income-related data in this release does not reflect a provision for federal income taxes. The Company is now taxed as a C corporation and future period results will reflect federal income tax expense.
- Organic loan production grew for the twenty-first consecutive quarter.
- Continued year over year balance sheet growth, reflecting not only organic growth but also completed strategic acquisitions in the second and fourth quarters of 2012, with an increase in total assets of $456 million, 34.9%. Total assets grew organically by $173 million and $283 million through acquisitions, or 13.2% and 21.7%, respectively, from first quarter 2012.
- Net interest margin increased to 4.68% for first quarter 2013 compared to 4.41% for fourth quarter 2012 and 4.31% for first quarter 2012. Net interest margin, excluding the impact of purchase accounting accretion, was 4.40% for first quarter 2013 compared to 4.35% for fourth quarter 2012 and 4.29% for first quarter 2012.
- Average cost of interest bearing deposits declined by 10 basis points from fourth quarter 2012 and by 37 basis points year over year.
- The efficiency ratio improved to 67.5% compared to 73.9% for first quarter 2012. On an adjusted basis, the core efficiency ratio improved to 66.8% for first quarter 2013 compared to 70.3% for first quarter 2012.
- Continued strong asset quality, as reflected by a nonperforming assets to total assets ratio of 1.35%, a nonperforming loans to total loans ratio of 0.40%, and a net charge-offs to average loans ratio of 0.15% at March 31, 2013.