McKINNEY, Texas, April 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Independent Bank Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:IBTX), the holding company for Independent Bank, today announced net income of $5.7 million, or $0.68 per diluted share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 compared to $6.1 million, or $0.74 per diluted share, for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 and compared to $3.1 million, or $0.43 per diluted share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2012. The Company was an S corporation until April 1, 2013 and, as a result, had no federal income tax expense prior to that date. As a result, the income-related data in this release does not reflect a provision for federal income taxes. The Company is now taxed as a C corporation and future period results will reflect federal income tax expense.
On a core pre-provision earnings basis, first quarter 2013 net income was $6.5 million compared to $6.4 million for fourth quarter 2012 and compared to $4.2 million for first quarter 2012.
First Quarter 2013 Highlights:Independent Bank Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer David R. Brooks said, "We are pleased to have completed our initial public offering on April 8, 2013, raising $87 million to support our continued organic growth and growth through strategic acquisitions. Since the beginning of the year, loans and deposits have continued to grow and earnings have remained solid. We are especially encouraged by first quarter 2013 results in that our first quarter has historically been our weakest."
- Organic loan production grew for the twenty-first consecutive quarter.
- Continued year over year balance sheet growth, reflecting not only organic growth but also completed strategic acquisitions in the second and fourth quarters of 2012, with an increase in total assets of $456 million, 34.9%. Total assets grew organically by $173 million and $283 million through acquisitions, or 13.2% and 21.7%, respectively, from first quarter 2012.
- Net interest margin increased to 4.68% for first quarter 2013 compared to 4.41% for fourth quarter 2012 and 4.31% for first quarter 2012. Net interest margin, excluding the impact of purchase accounting accretion, was 4.40% for first quarter 2013 compared to 4.35% for fourth quarter 2012 and 4.29% for first quarter 2012.
- Average cost of interest bearing deposits declined by 10 basis points from fourth quarter 2012 and by 37 basis points year over year.
- The efficiency ratio improved to 67.5% compared to 73.9% for first quarter 2012. On an adjusted basis, the core efficiency ratio improved to 66.8% for first quarter 2013 compared to 70.3% for first quarter 2012.
- Continued strong asset quality, as reflected by a nonperforming assets to total assets ratio of 1.35%, a nonperforming loans to total loans ratio of 0.40%, and a net charge-offs to average loans ratio of 0.15% at March 31, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV