As of March 31, 2013, Curis' cash, cash equivalents, marketable securities and investments totaled $54.2 million and there were approximately 80.2 million shares of common stock outstanding.
Recent Operational Highlights
- The CHMP of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) issued a positive recommendation for the conditional marketing approval of Erivedge for the treatment of advanced basal cell carcinoma in Europe. The European Commission, which has the authority to approve medicines for use in the European Union, generally delivers its final decision within three months of the CHMP recommendation. Curis would earn a $6 million milestone payment from Genentech/Roche upon the conditional approval of Erivedge.
- Curis appointed Kenneth Pienta, M.D. to its Board of Directors.
- Curis appointed Ali Fattaey, Ph.D. as its President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Curis treated the first patient in a Phase I clinical study of CUDC-907 in relapsed or refractory lymphoma or multiple myeloma cancer patients. To date Curis has received an aggregate of $1.1 million in funding under its agreement with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society related to the continued development of CUDC-907.
Curis expects to present at the following investor conferences through July 2013:
- Needham & Co. 12th Annual Healthcare Conference, April 30 – May 1, 2013, in New York City
- Deutsche Bank 38th Annual dbAccess Health Care Conference, May 29-30, 2013, in Boston, Massachusetts
- Jefferies 2013 Global Healthcare Conference, June 3-6, 2013, in New York City
- Wells Fargo Securities 2013 Health Care Conference, June 18-19, 2013, in Boston, Massachusetts
- BMO Capital Markets Biotech Corporate Access Day, July 30, 2013, in Boston, Massachusetts