CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:AEGR), a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development and commercialization of innovative, life-altering therapies for patients with debilitating, often fatal, rare diseases, announced its financial results and business highlights for the first-quarter of 2013.
- Aegerion has more than 185 U.S. commercial and global named patient prescriptions for JUXTAPID written, and 75 patients are currently on JUXTAPID therapy. Re-orders for patients are on track and dropouts to date have been minimal.
- A significant foundation of REMS-trained physicians is established and growing.
- The company participated in a Scientific Advisory Group meeting at the European Medicines Agency (EMA) on April 9 th.
"Several months into launch, our commercial preparedness continues to be evident in the company's execution," said Marc D. Beer, Chief Executive Officer. "We are encouraged by the uptake of JUXTAPID in the HoFH market. We believe there is a palpable sense of the need to treat these patients on the part of physicians, and the desire to use JUXTAPID. Our early launch traction thus far supports that notion.""Our recent interactions with EU regulators on our MAA for JUXTAPID have been encouraging, and we continue to be optimistic about our potential for a positive CHMP opinion in the second quarter and mid-2013 approval," said Martha Carter, Chief Regulatory Officer. "Based on discussions with the EU regulators to date, we believe we will be able to address the remaining outstanding issues in our MAA without the need for an oral explanation." Financial Results Net product sales for the first-quarter ended March 31, 2013 were $1.2 million. For the first-quarter ended March 31, 2013, net loss was $18.1 million, or $0.64 per share, compared with a net loss of $11.7 million, or $0.55 per share, for the same period in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV