SOUTHLAKE, Texas, April 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Del Frisco's Restaurant Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:DFRG), the owner and operator of the Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House, Sullivan's Steakhouse, and Del Frisco's Grille restaurant concepts, reported financial results today for the first quarter ended March 19, 2013. The Company also reiterated its outlook for fiscal year 2013.
Key highlights from the first quarter 2013 compared to the first quarter 2012 include:
- Consolidated revenues increased 13.0% to $59.8 million from $52.9 million
- Total comparable restaurant sales decreased 0.5%, including an increase of 1.9% at Del Frisco's and a decrease of 4.0% at Sullivan's, following a total comparable restaurant sales increase of 6.7% in the first quarter of the previous year
- Cost of sales, as a percentage of consolidated revenues, decreased slightly to 30.8% from 30.9%
- Net income of $3.6 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, compared to net income of $5.0 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, in the first quarter of last year
- Adjusted net income*, a non-GAAP measure, of $5.0 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, compared to $5.4 million, or $0.30 per diluted share, in the first quarter of the previous year
- Restaurant-level EBITDA**, a non-GAAP measure, increased 3.7% to $13.9 million from $13.4 million
* Adjusted net income, a non-GAAP measure, represents pre-tax income from continuing operations plus the sum of management fees and accounting expenses paid to a related party, secondary public offering costs, and public offering transaction bonuses, minus income tax expense at an effective tax rate of 30%. For a reconciliation of adjusted net income to the most directly comparable financial measure presented in accordance with GAAP and a discussion of why we consider it useful, see the financial information accompanying this release.** Restaurant-level EBITDA, a non-GAAP measure, represents net income before interest, taxes and depreciation and amortization plus the sum of certain non-operating expenses, including pre-opening costs, management fees and accounting expenses paid to a related party, secondary public offering costs, public offering transaction bonuses, and general and administrative expenses. For a reconciliation of restaurant-level EBITDA to the most directly comparable financial measure presented in accordance with GAAP and a discussion of why we consider it useful, see the financial information accompanying this release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV