Bay Bank Strengthens Its Leadership And Announces New Slate Of Directors
LUTHERVILLE, Md., April 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- After completing its acquisition of Carrollton Bank on April 19th, Bay Bank, FSB expands its slate of directors for the bank and its parent company, Carrollton Bancorp. Three of the directors from the former Carrollton Bank have joined with the six existing Bay Bank directors. The Bank and parent company continue to strengthen the board with local business professionals who understand the Baltimore market and will help position the bank for future success. Joining the board from Carrollton Bank are Robert Aumiller, Steven Breeden and Hal Hackerman.
"We are very pleased to have three of the former Carrollton Bank board members join the new, combined board. They each bring knowledge about the local markets as well as strong business sense to the board. They will also help the bank with their ties into the community and I look forward to working with them," said Kevin G. Byrnes, Chairman of the Bay Bank board.
The Board includes:
- Kevin G. Byrnes, Chairman, Bay Bank – Mr. Byrnes has served in various leadership positions in the banking industry over the last forty years, including President and COO of Provident Bank and CEO of Chase Bank of MD.
- Joseph J. Thomas, Chairman, Carrollton Bancorp and Director, Bay Bank – Managing Director of Hovde Private Equity Advisors LLC, where he is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the fund. Previously Mr. Thomas was Head of Financial Services Investment Banking at Wachovia Corporation.
- Robert J. Aumiller, Director – President of MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Services, LLC, a commercial real estate brokerage where he has been for over 20 years.
- Steven K. Breeden, Director – Principal at Security Development Corporation, a diversified real estate development company located in Howard County, Maryland.
- Mark M. Caplan, Director – President and CEO of the Time Group, Chairman of WP&M Real Estate Group and founder and President of Madison Capital.
- Harold "Hal" Hackerman, CPA, Director – Director of the Audit, Accounting, and Consulting Department of Ellin & Tucker, Chartered.
- Charles L. Maskell Jr., CPA, Director – Founder and Managing Director of Chesapeake Corporate Advisors, LLC, a corporate advisory and management consultant firm.
- Shaun E. Murphy, Director – Managing Director at Hovde Private Equity Advisors, LLC. He has extensive banking and financial services background with such firms as CapitalSource, PNC Capital Markets, Allfirst Bank, Riggs National Bank and HSBC Bank.
- Kevin Cashen, Director, CEO, President of Bay Bank, FSB and Carrollton Bancorp – Seasoned banker with over 29 years in the banking industry with such firms as Chevy Chase Bank and Signet Bank.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts