State Bank Financial Corp Stock Downgraded (STBZ)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The gross profit margin for STATE BANK FINANCIAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 100.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -4.65% is in-line with the industry average.
- STBZ, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 28.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- STATE BANK FINANCIAL CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STATE BANK FINANCIAL CORP reported lower earnings of $0.69 versus $1.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.03 versus $0.69).
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, STATE BANK FINANCIAL CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The share price of STATE BANK FINANCIAL CORP has not done very well: it is down 17.01% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts