Park Electrochemical Corp. Stock Downgraded (PKE)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- PKE has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 15.99, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- PKE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for PARK ELECTROCHEMICAL CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.90%. Regardless of PKE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PKE's net profit margin of 11.41% compares favorably to the industry average.
- PARK ELECTROCHEMICAL CORP's earnings per share declined by 11.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PARK ELECTROCHEMICAL CORP reported lower earnings of $1.13 versus $1.58 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 6.2% in earnings ($1.06 versus $1.13).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average. The net income has decreased by 12.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $5.38 million to $4.71 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV