HSINCHU, Taiwan, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AU Optronics Corp. ("AUO" or the "Company") (TAIEX: 2409; NYSE: AUO) today held its investors conference and announced its unaudited earnings results for the first quarter of 2013 (1).
Consolidated revenue in the first quarter of 2013 was NT$94,244 million ( US$3,161 million) (2), down 5.2% from the previous quarter. Gross profit was NT$4,548 million ( US$153 million), with the gross margin of 4.8%. Operating loss was NT$1,361 million ( US$46 million), with the operating margin of -1.4%. AUO's net loss for the first quarter of 2013 was NT$3,320 million ( US$111 million). Net loss attributable to owners of Company was NT$3,173 million ( US$106 million), or a basic EPS of - NT$0. 36 (- US$0.12 per ADR).
1 Q20 13 Result Highlights
AUO's unaudited consolidated results for the first quarter of 2013 were highlighted as below:
- Revenue was NT$94,244 million, down 5.2% quarter-over-quarter
- Net loss was NT$3,320 million
- Basic EPS was - NT$0. 36
- Gross margin was 4.8%
- Operating margin was -1.4%
- EBITDA (3) margin was 16.3%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts