- When asked whether she will return to Italy for her retrial, Knox stated, " My lawyers have said that I don't have to and that I don't need to. I'm still considering it, to be honest. It's scary, the thought. But it's also important for me to say 'This is not just happening far away and doesn't matter to me.' So, somehow, I feel it's important for me to convey that. And if my presence is what is necessary to convey that, then I'll go." In the same breath, she also noted that she wanted to weigh the risks involved first, and her lawyer subsequently has made it clear she won't return to Italy for the trial.
- In reference to the family of the victim, Knox got emotional, " It matters to me what Meredith's family thinks. It does affect me and the peace that I have inside." She went on to describe her intentions of reaching out to the victim's family and described what would be closure for her. " The ideal situation in my mind is that they could show me Meredith's grave. Because, it was like, I wasn't allowed to grieve either, and that would mean a lot to me."
Amanda Knox Opens Up In Exclusive Interview In Today's Editions Of USA TODAY
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.