Statement By The Honourable Bal Gosal, Minister Of State (Sport), On The 21st Annual BLG Awards
TORONTO, April 29, 2013 /CNW/ - The 21 st annual BLG Awards were held today to honour the best interuniversity sport athletes in the country and promote post-graduate studies at Canadian universities.
University sports have a rich history in Canada, and I continue to be impressed by the calibre of university sport across the country.
I congratulate Shanice Marcelle and Kyle Quinlan, winners of the BLG Awards and recipients of scholarships that will help them pursue post-graduate studies at a Canadian university.
I would also like to congratulate all the BLG Awards nominees. As athletes of the year at your respective universities, you have helped maintain Canada's reputation as a leading sport nation.In addition, I offer thanks, on behalf of the Government of Canada, to Borden Ladner Gervais for creating and hosting these awards in partnership with Canadian Interuniversity Sport and the Canadian Athletic Foundation to honour our top university athletes. SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV