NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's hard to believe that we're in the sixth year from the top of the last housing bubble and the resulting crash in housing prices. The going has been tough on the real estate business overall.
Now, thanks mainly to the Federal Reserve's Zero Interest Rate Program (ZIRP) and the most massive version of quantitative easing yet, the housing market has leapt from its grave like a super-charged, re-energized mummy on steroids.
What's timely here is that we're just coming out of the housing trough or the grave, and after running around the cemetery to stretch its new-found muscles, the real estate mummy has shed its wrap and is beginning to rise on the wings of monetary stimulation.
This is good news for one newly resurrected entity called Realogy Holdings (RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising with company-owned real estate brokerage operations doing business under its franchise systems as well as relocation and title services.
Realogy's brands and business units include such names as Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate, Century 21 Coldwell Banker, Coldwell Banker Commercial, The Corcoran Group, ERA, Sotheby's International Realty, NRT LLC, Cartus and Title Resource Group. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 13,600 offices with 238,900 independent sales associates doing business in 102 countries around the world. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, N.J. From my vantage point, their brightest star is NRT, with operations in more than 35 major metropolitan markets. The latest list of highlights about NRT includes the following:
- The largest operator of residential real estate brokerages in the U.S.
- More than 710 company-owned offices with approximately 41,300 independent sales associates
- Posted approximately $108.9 billion (pro forma) in total residential real estate volume in 2011
- Completed approximately 370 acquisitions since 1997
- All of NRT's local companies are ranked among the top three in their respective markets
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV