If Revolutionary Lighting, like Superconductor Technologies, announces an equity-raise to generate more capital, the stock could easily get slammed. The other possibility is that swing-traders and daytraders are done with this stock and have trailing stops, which could cause a cascade of selling. This eventually could present a buying opportunity in the event of a plunge, due to the long-term potential of Revolutionary Lighting. But for now, a collapse in the stock price is more likely due to the big run-up in price, small number of shares being traded and overvalued fundamentals.
-- Written by Ben Brinneman in Charlotte, N.C., owner of C Squared Trading, which teaches how to trade legitimate "penny stocks," priced between $2 and $10.
At the time of publication, the author held no positions in stocks mentioned, although positions may change at any time.This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV