NEW YORK, April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Spike TV is back in the scripted business in a big way. As the network continues to target a broader general audience, Spike unveils an ambitious scripted development slate featuring five high-profile projects from some of the industry's most accomplished producers. The projects in development, if greenlit, would each be a special-event series.
The acclaimed producers attached to the projects include Emmy Award®-winner Tom Fontana ("Homicide: Life on the Street," "Oz," "St. Elsewhere"), WGA Award-winner Chris Collins ("Sons of Anarchy," "The Wire"), Emmy®-nominated Leslie Greif ("Hatfields & McCoys," "Walker Texas Ranger,"), Rock God and multi-hyphenate Gene Simmons (KISS), Academy Award®-winner Bobby Moresco ("Crash"), Emmy Award®-winners Jonathan Koch and Steve Michaels ("The Kennedys"), Emmy Award®-winner Craig Piligian (" Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy," "Abducted: The Carlina White Story"), and BAFTA-winners Dimitri Doganis and Bart Layton ("The Imposter").
"Our move into scripted special-event series is a major step in the evolution of the brand that now reaches a more balanced audience," said Sharon Levy, Executive Vice President, Original Series, Spike TV. "Each project features our development's mission to thrill, inspire, and entertain the viewer. We also see this as a stepping stone to developing original scripted dramatic series."Levy will oversee the scripted projects for the network. Spike's last foray into scripted event series was "The Kill Point," in July 2007. The event series in development include the following:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV