Platts Data Selected As Basis For 13 New ICE Energy And Iron Ore Futures Contracts
NEW YORK, April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Platts' physical market price assessments for regional and global crude oil, petroleum products and iron ore have been selected as the basis for clearing 13 new futures contracts launched today by the IntercontinentalExchange (ICE), a global operator of derivatives markets and clearing houses. Platts is a leading global energy, petrochemicals and metals information provider and a top publisher of global benchmark price references.
"We are committed to bringing greater transparency and efficiency to global commodity markets through our physical price assessments and information services, and we welcome the futures industry's recognition of the role we play in the price discovery process in the markets we cover," said Gerald Bueshel, Platts director of global licensing.
This brings the total number of ICE contracts settled on market price assessments published by Platts to 208. For more information on ICE's new Platts-based energy and ferrous metals contracts visit this link.
The Platts price assessments, licensed by ICE, appear in such Platts publications as Asia-Pacific/Arab Gulf Marketscan , Crude Oil Marketwire , European Marketscan , Clean Tankerwire , Gas Daily , Biofuelscan, and The Steel Index's (TSI)* Iron Ore Daily Edition , among others. Platts price assessment processes are underpinned by robust, clearly defined methodologies and specifications.In addition to the above mentioned price assessments, Platts provides price assessments, supply/demand fundamentals, news and other information across the full spectrum of energy and metals commodities, as well as agriculture commodities relating to biofuels. Since 1909, Platts' news and assessments have brought greater transparency and efficiency to the physical energy markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV