Rating Change #5
Asure Software Inc
(ASUR - Get Report)
has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ASUR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 63.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- ASURE SOFTWARE INC has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ASURE SOFTWARE INC reported poor results of -$0.59 versus -$0.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.06 versus -$0.59).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 9.50 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.32, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ASURE SOFTWARE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Asure Software, Inc. provides cloud-based software-as-a-service time and labor management, and workspace management solutions worldwide. Asure Software has a market cap of $26.8 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 13.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
Asure Software Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center