Rating Change #8
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for BENEFICIAL MUTUAL BANCORP is currently very high, coming in at 74.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BNCL's net profit margin of 7.15% significantly trails the industry average.
- BENEFICIAL MUTUAL BANCORP's earnings per share declined by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BENEFICIAL MUTUAL BANCORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.18 versus $0.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.21 versus $0.18).
- BNCL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.2%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BENEFICIAL MUTUAL BANCORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry average. The net income has decreased by 18.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $3.95 million to $3.21 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV