BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- A reminder and a semi-shameless promotional plug: On Thursday, I will be live-blogging the back-to-back FDA advisory panels scheduled to review Aveo Oncology's (AVEO) kidney cancer drug tivozanib and Delcath Systems' (DCTH) Melblez, a hybrid, surgical-chemotherapy procedure designed to eradicate tumors from the liver caused by a form of melanoma.
Before we get to the expert panel deliberations, the FDA's own review teams will weigh in on the pros and cons of both products, issuing "briefing documents" on Tuesday morning. You'll be able to find the FDA reviews of tivozanib and Melblex on the FDA's web site.
Expect volatility in Aveo and Delcath trading tomorrow, depending on the tone of the FDA reviews.
Healthcare investor and commentator Aafia Chaudhry -- she can be followed on Twitter at @aafiac -- will join the live blog as guest host. Chaudhry is predicting positive panel votes for both Aveo and Delcath, which is exactly the opposite of how I see the panels going.You can read Chaudhry's bullish stance on Delcath's FDA panel here. Money quote: Ultimately, we believe the data suggest a meaningful efficacy signal; the procedure is safe and well-tolerated; the sponsor has met the conditions of the SPA; and FDA appears to be working with the sponsor to map out the most efficient course to bring Melblez to market. Given that Melblez is already commercially available in 7 EU countries and that FDA has approved a US
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV