17. Wisconsin Energy Corp. (WEC): Engages in the generation, distribution, and sale of electric energy and steam. Market cap at $10.1B, most recent closing price at $44.14. Earnings date: 4/30.
In Mar 2012: Reported EPS at 0.74 vs. estimate at 0.73 (surprise of 1.4%). In Jun 2012: Reported EPS at 0.51 vs. estimate at 0.44 (surprise of 15.9%). In Sep 2012: Reported EPS at 0.67 vs. estimate at 0.57 (surprise of 17.5%). In Dec 2012: Reported 0.43 vs. estimate at 0.41 (surprise of 4.9%. [Average earnings surprise at 9.92%].
18. The Washington Post Company (WPO): Operates as a diversified education and media company in the United States and internationally. Market cap at $3.31B, most recent closing price at $446.24. Earnings date: 5/3.
In Jun 2011: Reported EPS at 6.67 vs. estimate at 5.87 (surprise of 13.6%). In Sep 2011: Reported EPS at 4.95 vs. estimate at 3.85 (surprise of 28.6%). In Dec 2011: Reported EPS at 8.96 vs. estimate at 5.36 (surprise of 67.2%). In Sep 2012: Reported 6.79 vs. estimate at 1.31 (surprise of 418.3%. [Average earnings surprise at 131.92%].19. United States Steel Corp. (X): Produces and sells steel mill products in North America and Central Europe. Market cap at $2.54B, most recent closing price at $17.62. Earnings date: 4/30. In Mar 2012: Reported EPS at 0.67 vs. estimate at 0.45 (surprise of 48.9%). In Jun 2012: Reported EPS at 0.69 vs. estimate at 0.47 (surprise of 46.8%). In Sep 2012: Reported EPS at 0.14 vs. estimate at 0 (surprise of N/A). In Dec 2012: Reported -0.41 vs. estimate at -0.75 (surprise of 45.3%. [Average earnings surprise at 47%] 20. Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL): Engages in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity to residential, commercial, and industrial customers, as well as to public authorities in the United States. Market cap at $15.48B, most recent closing price at $31.32. Earnings date: 5/2. In Mar 2012: Reported EPS at 0.38 vs. estimate at 0.37 (surprise of 2.7%). In Jun 2012: Reported EPS at 0.38 vs. estimate at 0.36 (surprise of 5.6%). In Sep 2012: Reported EPS at 0.78 vs. estimate at 0.73 (surprise of 6.8%). In Dec 2012: Reported 0.29 vs. estimate at 0.27 (surprise of 7.4%. [Average earnings surprise at 5.63%].
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV