6. Lincoln National Corp. ( LNC): Engages in multiple insurance and retirement businesses in the United States. Market cap at $9.04B, most recent closing price at $33.66. Earnings date: 5/1.
In Mar 2012: Reported EPS at 1 vs. estimate at 0.98 (surprise of 2%). In Jun 2012: Reported EPS at 1.09 vs. estimate at 1 (surprise of 9%). In Sep 2012: Reported EPS at 1.18 vs. estimate at 1.02 (surprise of 15.7%). In Dec 2012: Reported 1.1 vs. estimate at 1.06 (surprise of 3.8%. [Average earnings surprise at 7.62%].
7. Moody's Corp. ( MCO): Provides credit ratings and related research, data, and analytical tools; risk management software; and quantitative credit risk measures, credit portfolio management solutions, and training services in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Market cap at $12.26B, most recent closing price at $55.05. Earnings date: 5/3.
In Mar 2012: Reported EPS at 0.76 vs. estimate at 0.69 (surprise of 10.1%). In Jun 2012: Reported EPS at 0.76 vs. estimate at 0.7 (surprise of 8.6%). In Sep 2012: Reported EPS at 0.75 vs. estimate at 0.64 (surprise of 17.2%). In Dec 2012: Reported 0.75 vs. estimate at 0.69 (surprise of 8.7%. [Average earnings surprise at 11.15%].8. MetLife, Inc. ( MET): Provides insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs primarily in the United States, Japan, Latin America, the Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. Market cap at $42.68B, most recent closing price at $38.91. Earnings date: 5/1. In Mar 2012: Reported EPS at 1.37 vs. estimate at 1.29 (surprise of 6.2%). In Jun 2012: Reported EPS at 1.33 vs. estimate at 1.25 (surprise of 6.4%). In Sep 2012: Reported EPS at 1.32 vs. estimate at 1.28 (surprise of 3.1%). In Dec 2012: Reported 1.25 vs. estimate at 1.18 (surprise of 5.9%. [Average earnings surprise at 5.4%].
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts