Bono, leader singer of the Irish rock band U2 is also known for his charity work and global activism. After decades of success as a music star, Bono co-founded a private-equity firm, Elevation Partners, in 2004. The company was named after U2's song Elevation.
Elevation Partners has participated in growth equity rounds for tech and media companies like Facebook (FB), Forbes and Yelp. In fact, Elevation bought $210 million worth of Facebook shares in the social network's pre-IPO days. (below Facebook's current share price). They also invested in Palm. Remember PalmPilots? Elevation just participated in a $38 million round for advertising analytics company MarketShare last week.
Many investors have had good things to say about Bono. Charlie O'Donnell worked with Bono when O'Donnell was at the GM (GM) pension fund. O'Donnell says he was "really impressed with how articulate and thoughtful he was about the state of digital media."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV