2. As of noon trading, Dollar General Corporation ( DG) is down $0.44 (-0.8%) to $52.39 on light volume Thus far, 455,781 shares of Dollar General Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $52.17-$52.99 after having opened the day at $52.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.83. Dollar General Corporation, a discount retailer, engages in the provision of various merchandise products in the United States. Dollar General Corporation has a market cap of $17.2 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Dollar General Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Dollar General Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts