3. As of noon trading, Biogen Idec ( BIIB) is up $10.18 (4.77) to $223.77 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.3 million shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $219.35-$225.00 after having opened the day at $219.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $213.59. Biogen Idec Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, hemophilia, and autoimmune disorders in the United States and internationally. Biogen Idec has a market cap of $51.0 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 34.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 47.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Biogen Idec as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts