Dish's proposal for Sprint may put the company "in play" for merger or partnership attempts given the ambition and financing attached to its proposal, according to Walter Piecyk, telecom analyst at BTIG.
"Charlie Ergen's latest move not only puts Sprint in play but it might have done the same for Dish," Piecyk wrote in a Friday note to clients.
Piecyk highlighted that some partners could be attracted to a deal because of the amount of debt attached to Dish's proposal, while others may want to put cash up to support Ergen's efforts at building the nation's first bundle of unlimited broadband, data and video service.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV