Rentech Nitrogen Partners (NYSE: RNF) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.40%. Rentech Nitrogen Partners, L.P. engages in the manufacture and sale of nitrogen fertilizer products for use in the United States. The company operates in two segments, East Dubuque and Pasadena. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.83. The average volume for Rentech Nitrogen Partners has been 465,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Rentech Nitrogen Partners has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the chemicals industry. Shares are down 7.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Rentech Nitrogen Partners as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.77 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, RNF maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.92, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for RENTECH NITROGEN PARTNERS LP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.50%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.99% trails that of the industry average.
- RENTECH NITROGEN PARTNERS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RENTECH NITROGEN PARTNERS LP increased its bottom line by earning $2.78 versus $0.36 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 8.3% in earnings ($2.55 versus $2.78).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 422.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.36 million to $17.56 million.
- Net operating cash flow has improved to $17.34 million from having none in the same quarter last year. Since the company had no net operating cash flow for the prior period, we cannot calculate a percent change in order to compare its growth rate with that of its industry average.
- You can view the full Rentech Nitrogen Partners Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts