BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- As the weather starts warming up across the U.S., so too are stocks. While the broad market spent most of April consolidating, last week's bounce off of trendline support pushed the S&P 500's performance positive for the last month.
Now, as May's first trading session pops up on investors' radar, Mr. Market looks well-positioned to keep his momentum going. To take full advantage, we're turning to a new set of Rocket Stock names.
For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 197 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 75.1%.Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks. >>5 Stocks Poised for Big Breakouts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV