"Regarding Tim's relationship with TiVo, it goes beyond football and we'll just have to see how things develop. We're pulling for him," Steve Wymer, a TiVo spokesperson, said in an e-mailed statement Monday.
"As are many football and Tim Tebow fans, we're eager to hear where Tim will be playing next year."
In late 2012, TiVo unveiled Tebow as the DVR pioneer's pitchperson to investors and consumers in a set of commercials played on YouTube and broadcast networks nationally.While Tebow and TiVo have a phonetic resemblance, company chief executive Tom Rogers said in December the former Heisman Trophy winner at the University of Florida and the TV-on-demand company are also similarly underappreciated by the public at large. Just as NFL scouts may discount Tebow's diverse set of quarterback and running skills, Rogers said Wall Street similarly doesn't give credit to TiVo's suite of products and earnings drivers. Rogers said at an early December media conference sponsored by UBS (UBS), TiVo was not being properly lauded for its full set of media capabilities, which includes DVR for cable and satellite operators and broadband service that can connect to the likes of Amazon (AMZN), Netflix (NFLX) and Hulu and can go mobile. TiVo's products, patents and technologies have it well positioned as consumers move to mobile devices and are tempted by over-the-top media outside of traditional cable packages, Rogers said at the UBS conference on Dec. 3. TiVo hired Tebow to make its case in November of 2012, amid a tumultuous season for the quarterback and his former team, the New York Jets. "We are going to make a better use of
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV