CANTON, Mass., April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Helping guests greet the warm weather with more smart choices, Dunkin' Donuts, America's all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, today announced a permanent addition to its DDSMART® menu: the Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich. A delicious breakfast sandwich option under 400 calories, the new sandwich features a fried egg topped with turkey sausage and a slice of reduced fat cheddar cheese, served on an oven-toasted English Muffin. The Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich is available at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants nationwide, and joins Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART menu of items that provide guests with better-for-you options without compromising taste, quality or value.
"We first introduced the Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich in select restaurants earlier this year, and it was one of the most successful and well-received products we've ever launched," said John Costello, President, Global Marketing and Innovation for Dunkin' Brands. "We're excited to now offer the sandwich nationwide and to build upon our complete selection of DDSMART items, giving our guests even more better-for-you menu choices."
All Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART items meet at least one of the following criteria: 25% fewer calories; 25% less sugar, saturated fat or sodium than comparable fare, and/or contain an ingredient or nutrient that is nutritionally beneficial. The Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich joins other DDSMART menu items that are under 400 calories, including:
- Egg White Flatbread Sandwiches (280 calories) are available in either Veggie or Turkey Sausage and Spinach varieties. Both are served on toasted multigrain flatbread.
- Egg & Cheese on an English Muffin (240 calories) and Ham, Egg & Cheese on an English Muffin (280 calories) are both served on a delicious English Muffin that has 7 grams of fiber.
- Wake-Up Wrap® Sandwiches are perfect for value-conscious, on-the-go people who want a fast, freshly-prepared breakfast option in a smaller portion size and with fewer calories than the usual breakfast sandwich. DDSMART Wake-Up Wrap® Sandwiches are available in several varieties, including Egg White Veggie (150 calories), Egg White Turkey Sausage and Spinach (150 calories), Egg & Cheese (150 calories) and Ham, Egg & Cheese (170 calories).
- Oatmeal with Dried Fruit Topping is available in Original (270 calories) or Brown Sugar flavor (300 calories).
- Small Hot or Iced Coffee (5-10 calories) can be made to guest's preferences with Splenda® (15-20 calories), or with Skim Milk and Splenda® (25-30 calories).
- Small Latte Lite has 80 calories and is made with Skim Milk and Splenda®.
- Freshly-brewed Unsweetened Teas are all zero calories.
- Freshly-brewed Unsweetened medium Iced Tea has five calories.