"We are pleased to be selected as one of Forbes Top 100 Most Trustworthy Companies for 2012," says Peter Heckman, President and CEO of The Horace Mann Companies. "This award illustrates the spirit in which we run this company – to do the right thing, not only for shareholders, but also for our agents, employees, and importantly, our policyholders."
The ranking is based on findings by GMI Rankings, a company that provides global research on the different risk factors affecting the performance of public companies. Forbes reports GMI looked at over 60 different governance and forensic accounting measures to rank the companies. It found the top 100 Trustworthy Companies have consistently demonstrated transparent and conservative accounting practices and solid corporate governance and management.
Horace Mann received an AGR score in the last four quarters of 96, and it has a 95 for this current quarter. In creating its ranking, GMI assigned a risk score for accounting and governance. The score is based on a system which is designed to identify practices that have historically had a high correlation with increasing shareholder risk. GMI also looked at extra financial measures which differentiate the ranked companies as more trustworthy.To see the complete article, go to Forbes website. About Horace Mann Horace Mann is the largest national multiline insurance company focusing on educators' financial needs. Horace Mann provides auto and homeowners insurance, retirement annuities, life insurance and other financial solutions. Founded by Educators for Educators ® in 1945, the company is headquartered in Springfield, Ill. For more information about the company, visit www.horacemann.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV