COMEX Gold for June delivery was rising $13.20 to $1,466.80 an ounce. The gold price traded as high as 1,478.30 and as low as $1,461.6 an ounce, while the spot price was up $1.40, according to Kitco's gold index.
"Although Germany is expected to resist dropping key rates from its current 0.75% level, so, the grinding slowdown in the other EU member economies may win the day," Peter Hug, global trading director at Kitco Metals, said in a note. "On its face, added liquidity should be price supportive for the metal."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV