OppenheimerFunds Unveils Modernized Retail And New Institutional Brand
NEW YORK, April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- OppenheimerFunds, Inc. (OFI) today announced plans to unveil a new brand and visual identity that represents the firm's strategy to leverage its innovative heritage and support its mission to turn its unconventional wisdom into value for investors. The new look reveals a modernized retail brand, which will continue to be known as OppenheimerFunds, and a new institutional brand, OFI Global Asset Management. The brands will be unveiled on May 1, 2013, across many of the firm's communications platforms.
"The modernization of our brand is the culmination of the last five years of work to redefine what investors can expect from an asset manager," said Bill Glavin, Chief Executive Officer of OppenheimerFunds. "The new look and feel demonstrates our belief in providing greater transparency for investors that operate in an increasingly multidimensional world, and acknowledges that it is no longer enough for asset management firms to simply view the world through the lens of our own industry."
"In addition to the OppenheimerFunds rebrand, we have also renamed our institutional business OFI Global Asset Management," continued Glavin. "We have been helping many of the world's most prestigious institutions find the right way to invest for the last 50 years, and recent additions to our institutional offering have made this the opportune time to change our name to more appropriately reflect the strength and global expertise we bring to these sophisticated institutional investors."
OppenheimerFunds will continue to provide advisory services to the Oppenheimer mutual funds. OFI Global Asset Management will provide institutional clients with access to many of OppenheimerFunds' existing investment strategies including in-depth counsel and strategic allocation services. In support of the company's mission – "to turn unconventional wisdom into value for investors" – the new brand identity represents a culmination of extensive internal evaluation and new initiatives, including:
- An expansion of the firm's alternatives platform, most recently through the acquisition of leading alternative investment manager SteelPath
- The creation of a CIO, Asset Allocation position, recently filled by Mark Hamilton, to lead the firm's development of multi-asset products and solutions for investors looking to address specific client needs, rather than component parts
- Distinctive thought leadership, syndicated through multiple channels, ensuring clients have access when and how they like
- A new investment framework, The New 60/40
- The evolution of the firm's distribution model, now focused on using a more consultative approach while embracing technology to best serve the needs of today's more sophisticated buyer
- A commitment to being a digital market leader by fully embracing and leveraging digital, mobile and social channels to provide increased access to the company's investment professionals
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts