UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust, $300 Billion Investor Coalition, Call For Transparency At Walmart On Use Of Compliance-related Clawbacks
The investor coalition views disclosure by Walmart of the use of its clawback policies as critical to fostering a corporate culture that emphasizes compliance and ethics. Disclosure educates employees about the company's expectations and reinforces codes of conduct. By asking Walmart's board to tell investors if, in fact, it has used the clawback, investors are calling on the directors to be accountable to its owners on important compliance issues. The coalition's proposal does not presume the outcome of any current or future investigations, nor does it force Walmart to claw back pay.
"The cross-border composition of the global investor coalition signifies the importance of transparency and accountability in board governance of the world's largest employer," states Miller.
Coalition members and filers of the proposal include: UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust; Connecticut Retirement Plans and Trust Funds; Amalgamated Bank LongView Funds; First Swedish National Pension Fund; Third Swedish National Pension Fund; Fourth Swedish National Pension Fund; F&C Management Ltd.; and Illinois State Board of Investments.
$52.4 billion UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust is the largest non-governmental payor of retiree health care benefits in
the United States, providing health care benefits to over 800,000 UAW retirees and dependents.
SOURCE UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV