MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- New VDK accelerates software development, system integration and test, fault and coverage testing
- Synopsys® VDK includes virtual prototype of the Freescale® Qorivva® MPC5643L MCU, extendable to support all Qorivva MCUs
- Seamless integration with tools such as Mathworks' Simulink, Synopsys' Saber and Vector's CANoe enable development of automotive systems supporting ISO 26262
- Plug-and-play integration with the most popular third-party software debuggers allows use of familiar development environments
- Multi-year agreement with Freescale enables automotive developers to access MCU models from Synopsys
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS), a global leader providing software, IP and services used to accelerate innovation in chips and electronic systems, today announced the availability of Synopsys' Virtualizer™ Development Kit (VDK) for Freescale Semiconductor's Qorivva microcontroller (MCU) family to accelerate the development of automotive control applications in powertrain/hybrid, chassis/safety and body electronic control units (ECUs). The VDK for Freescale's Qorivva MCU family is a software development kit that includes: virtual prototypes of the Qorivva MCU family; software development tools; built-in support for integration with Mathworks' Simulink, Synopsys' Saber and Vector's CANoe simulation tools; and sample code and scripts supporting a broad range of automotive software development use cases. By using the new VDK for Qorivva MCUs, automotive engineers can start software development, integration and test tasks prior to ECU availability, shaving months off development schedules and increasing the system reliability. Increased fault and coverage testing in support of the ISO 26262 safety standard is also achieved through earlier testing with VDKs. The VDK for Freescale's Qorivva MCU family seamlessly integrates with third- party debuggers and automotive development tools, allowing software developers to use their familiar development environment.
VDKs enable automotive developers to start software development before the physical ECU is available, accelerating the system integration and fault and coverage testing necessary to address the challenges created by the increasing software content, system complexity and safety certification requirements in automotive ECUs. Synopsys' VDK for Freescale's Qorivva MCU family gives designers full system visibility and control to accelerate the debug, analysis and testing of software running on Qorivva MCUs, resulting in higher product quality and containment of rising development costs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts