How To Find Lost Life Insurance Policies
It's a problem you don't want to have: A relative dies and you have no idea which company holds his or her life insurance policy. Where do you begin? And if you can't find the life insurance policy right away, can you still collect the death benefit in the future?
Hope they paid their life insurance bills
Tips for making sure your beneficiaries get your death benefit
First and foremost, give your beneficiaries your life insurance policy information! You may feel like this is an awkward conversation, but letting beneficiaries know where you keep the policy, or giving them a copy, ensures they can claim the death benefit for which you've been paying.
Life insurance buyers' main reason for wanting to keep life insurance "secret" is because they don't want to start quarrels among family members over who receives what.
Keep all your financial records (especially your life insurance policies) in one place. You don't want your family to have to conduct a massive search for your policy information and other crucial records.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV