In a note released on Monday, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek reiterated his BlackBerry "buy" rating, citing solid uptake of the company's latest handsets. "Our checks indicate Z10 sales in Canada, U.S., and UK remain steady with no excess inventory or return issues," he wrote.
Misek also pointed to Friday's Q10 launch at Carphone Warehouses within Selfridges department stores in the U.K. The analyst noted that the QWERTY keyboard phones sold out quickly at the high-end department stores.
BlackBerry was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 351,425.Facebook (FB) shares gained 1.34% to reach $27.21 ahead of the social network's first-quarter results after market close on Wednesday. The Menlo Park, Calif.-based firm was another active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 262,002. SINA (SINA), however, was an even bigger gainer, climbing 17.5% to $59.1 on share volume of 437,991. Early on Monday, the Chinese Internet giant announced a social commerce alliance with Alibaba. Sirius XM (SIRI) was up 0.96% to $3.15, while Zynga (ZNGA) shares rose 2.09% to $3.42. Apple (AAPL) gained 0.66% to reach $419.95. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV