"BT Cloud Compute's flexibility can be crucial as many companies expand into new regions and markets, or find that their needs change quickly – a local service but in a globally consistent manner. BT Cloud Compute's self-service dashboard gives them the power to constantly monitor and manage their usage and spending, in a similar way to household smart meters that give residential customers better visibility and control over their energy usage."
About BTBT is one of the world's leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in more than 170 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband and internet products and services and converged fixed/mobile products and services. BT consists principally of four lines of business: BT Global Services, BT Retail, BT Wholesale and Openreach.
In the year ended 31 March 2012, BT Group's revenue was £18,897m with profit before taxation of £2,445m.
British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group plc and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on stock exchanges in London and New York.For more information, visit www.btplc.com BT Cloud Compute - Notes to Editors Awards won by BT for its Cloud offering:
- 2011 GlobalTelecoms Business Innovation Award for Cloud Services;
- Winner of the Best Project in Iaas category at Computerwoche's Best in Cloud 2011
- BT was ranked the third largest provider of cloud infrastructure services in the world by industry analyst Synergy Research Group.
- BT was recognized as a leading cloud supplier in Germany in multiple categories by the analysts of Experton Group in their latest "Cloud Vendor Benchmark 2012" report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts