LISLE, Ill., April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Navistar, Inc. announced today that it has started shipping—ahead of schedule—its first International ® ProStar ® units powered by the company's SCR-based MaxxForce 13 engine. The first units began shipping last Friday, April 26, from truck manufacturing plants in Escobedo, Mexico and Springfield, Ohio. Earlier in the month, the company received certification for the SCR-based 13-liter engine from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB).
"Delivering our 13-liter engine ahead of schedule is another important milestone for Navistar and completes our transition to SCR-based heavy-duty engine offerings," said Troy Clarke, Navistar president and chief executive officer. "We continue to receive great customer feedback on the refined 13-liter engines we're delivering today. And, customers will continue to see outstanding levels of quality, reliability and uptime with our 13-liter engine combined with the proven Cummins SCR aftertreatment system."
Navistar introduced its first SCR-based commercial trucks for the U.S. and Canadian markets in December 2012 with the launch of the International ® ProStar ® with the Cummins ISX 15-liter engine. The remaining line-up of International heavy-duty truck models will transition to SCR-based clean engine technology in a phased launch in the coming months based on volume and customer demand.About Navistar Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International ® brand commercial and military trucks, MaxxForce ® brand diesel engines and IC Bus ™ brand school and commercial buses. A subsidiary of the company also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com/newsroom. SOURCE Navistar International Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV