RALEIGH, N.C., April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. (NASDAQ: BDSI) announced the appointment of Thomas W. D'Alonzo to the company's Board of Directors. Mr. D'Alonzo previously served on the BDSI Board of Directors from August 2006 through June 2008.
"We are very pleased to once again have Tom D'Alonzo as a member of our Board of Directors," said Dr. Frank E. O'Donnell, Jr., Executive Chairman of BDSI. "Tom's significant industry experience and leadership, which spans over more than 30 years in both large pharmaceutical and smaller biotechnology companies, will be a tremendous asset to BDSI."
Dr. Mark A. Sirgo, President and Chief Executive Officer of BDSI added, "Tom's extensive business and commercial experience and expertise will be particularly important as we continue to explore our options for the commercialization of BUNAVAIL for the treatment of opioid dependence, which includes commercializing the product on our own. We welcome Tom back and look forward to his contributions, which I am confident will assist BDSI in continuing to build value for patients and our stockholders."Mr. D'Alonzo has held numerous high-level executive positions and board appointments within both large and specialty pharmaceutical companies. Mr. D'Alonzo has been a member of the Board of Directors at Salix Pharmaceuticals since May 2000 and Chairman of the Board since June 2010. Mr. D'Alonzo has previously served on the Board of Directors of Plexigen, Inc., DARA BioSciences, Inc. and Amarillo Biosciences, Inc. Mr. D'Alonzo's extensive pharmaceutical industry background also includes a number of executive positions, including Chief Executive Officer at biotechnology companies DARA BioSciences, Inc. and GenVec, Inc. and President and Chief Operating Officer at Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD), LLC, a global provider of discovery and development services to the pharmaceutical industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV