By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- Pitney Bowes (PBI) has performed very well this year, and buyers were active last week.
OptionMonster's tracking systems showed heavy activity in the July 15 calls and the July 17 calls. A trader apparently sold 15,000 of the 15s for $1.40 to close a winning position, then bought twice as many of the 17s for 50 cents.
These calls lock in the price where shares can be purchased in the company, which provides software, hardware, and services to enable physical and digital communications. The trade is looking for further upside in the stock, which has a large short interest and a high dividend yield.The shares rose 5.51% to $15.90 on Friday. The stock has well outperformed the S&P 500 for several months. Total option volume in the name surpassed 73,000, compared with barely 3,000 contracts in a typical session. The overwhelming majority -- more than 67,000 -- were calls, reflecting the bullish sentiment. Najarian has no positions in PBI.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV