By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- Pitney Bowes (PBI) has performed very well this year, and buyers were active last week.
OptionMonster's tracking systems showed heavy activity in the July 15 calls and the July 17 calls. A trader apparently sold 15,000 of the 15s for $1.40 to close a winning position, then bought twice as many of the 17s for 50 cents.
These calls lock in the price where shares can be purchased in the company, which provides software, hardware, and services to enable physical and digital communications. The trade is looking for further upside in the stock, which has a large short interest and a high dividend yield.The shares rose 5.51% to $15.90 on Friday. The stock has well outperformed the S&P 500 for several months. Total option volume in the name surpassed 73,000, compared with barely 3,000 contracts in a typical session. The overwhelming majority -- more than 67,000 -- were calls, reflecting the bullish sentiment. Najarian has no positions in PBI.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV