REDMOND, Wash., April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cloud computing has the power to change the way students learn and staff teach, especially in rapidly transforming regions such as Central and Eastern Europe. To prepare students for a world based on technology, education institutions across the region, including School Center Skofja Loka ( Slovenia), EDUCATIVA ( Romania), TEI Kalamata ( Greece), Kozminski University ( Poland), University of Maribor, Faculty of Economics and Business ( Slovenia), and Vaikystes Sodas ( Lithuania), are adopting Microsoft Office 365 to serve a variety of their cloud-computing needs for students and staff alike. Goals met through their focus on technology include the following:
- Improved communication . Office 365 enables students and staff to communicate across time zones and countries with the click of a mouse. As more and more young people become accustomed to real-time communication and "always on" technologies, Central and Eastern Europe schools are using Microsoft Lync Online to enrich their learning environments and student outcomes.
- Increased productivity. Office 365 helps schools eliminate inefficiencies in email management with Microsoft Exchange Online and improve knowledge-sharing, internal collaboration and document management with Microsoft SharePoint Online.
- Cost benefits without compromise. Office 365 enables IT departments to spend more resources focusing on mission-critical projects instead of performing costly maintenance. Since Office 365 offers the rich capabilities and familiar experience of Office as a cloud service that's backed by Microsoft, IT administrators aren't forced to compromise on privacy or security.
"Technology is a powerful engine of economic growth and competitiveness, enabling innovation that creates new companies, industries, opportunities and jobs around the world," said Don Grantham, president for the CEE region at Microsoft. "We are honored to work with so many educational institutions, helping them to use technology to improve student outcomes as well as address their staff and faculty IT needs through enhanced collaboration, communications and productivity."
School Center Skofja Loka Streamlines Management and Broadens VisibilitySchool Center Skofja Loka wanted to boost its visibility in the education field and find a solution for both students and staff that would be familiar, secured and cost-effective. Not only did Office 365 fill those requirements, it also provided the school with a streamlined way to manage its PCs and provide enhanced communication and collaboration among students and teachers. The school was also able to consolidate its global address list, which includes over 2,000 contacts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV